The International Association for the History of Religions (IAHR) is offering bursaries towards travel expenses, accommodation, and conference registration for the EASR Conference in Vilnius. There are five bursaries of up to €400 each. We invite applications from conference attendees who are: research students or young/junior scholars from Ukraine.
Bursary details and application process:
- Individual bursaries are not intended to cover the total costs for attendance at an EASR conference. They can be redeemed against exclusively the registration fee to the EASR conference, the travel to the conference site, or the accommodation. No other expenses or costs will be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement will take place only after the conference upon presentation of the original documents (receipt of registration fee, flight or train/bus ticket(s), student accommodation or hotel receipt). In the event that less than this amount is spent by the applicant, the bursary amount paid will correspond to the actual costs incurred.
- The applicant must be a member of a fully paid-up national association of the IAHR, or a fully paid-up individual member where there is no such association.
- The applicant must have a paper or panel accepted for the conference.
In order to apply, the applicant must send an email stating the details of their accepted paper/panel plus:
- A one page academic CV.
- A letter of recommendation from an officer within a national association of the IAHR (Applicants who are individual members of the EASR do not need to send a letter of recommendation).
- AND if the applicant is a student, s/he must also provide a letter of support from his/her academic supervisor or a senior scholar in their research field endorsing the quality of his/her application.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, April 30, 2023. Information stating the details of accepted paper/panel, CVs and recommendation letters should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified of the outcome via e-mail no later than Monday, May 15, 2023.
The bursaries are meant for participants who present a paper at the conference but are not able to cover the costs of travel, accommodation, and registration fee. Candidates have to be members of a paid-up association affiliated to the EASR or have to be paid-up individual members. Preference will be given to candidates from countries with weaker economies, non-tenured candidates in the early stages of their career, and candidates who did not receive bursaries in the past years. Please note that there are special bursaries for Ukrainian scholars made available by the IAHR, together with the local organizers. If these special IAHR bursaries are not sufficient, we will prioritize Ukrainian candidates for the EASR bursaries.
For 2023, a total amount of €3.600 has been made available, divided into nine bursaries of up to a maximum of €400 each. All decisions pertaining to the selection of bursary candidates will be made by a committee composed of the President, General Secretary and Treasurer of the EASR, or of their respective deputies if necessary. For questions you can send an e-mail to the EASR Treasurer,
Kim Knibbe (email@example.com).
Applications for bursaries to attend the 2023 EASR conference at Vilnius, Lithuania will be valid if received on or before the deadline of May 5, 2023. You will be notified of the outcome via email no later than June 4, 2023. Please read the Bursary Guidelines (https://www.easr.eu/bursaries/bursaries-guidelines/) carefully before applying and consider whether you are eligible. If so, apply for the bursary by completing the online Application Form (https://www.easr.eu/bursaries/bursaries-application-form/) and then clicking on the “Send” button at the end. A letter of recommendation from an officer within a national association of the EASR of
which the applicant is a member (cf. EASR Bursary Guidelines) should be sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.